Are you ready to look your summer best?! It’s never too early to start getting ready for those poolside barbecues and beach parties. Summer is all about flaunting that new swimsuit and toned body you worked hard for at the gym. If you want your skin to look flawless this summer, here are some helpful tips to make sure you look your summer best.
If you want your skin to look rejuvenated and beautiful, it’s time you started exfoliating. Bikini season is just around the corner and that means you’re going to be showing off a lot more skin that you have in the last few months. Using a loofah or a shower brush to scrub problem areas like your upper back can keep your skin acne free and fresh. Exfoliating will get rid of the dead dry skin that clogs your pores.
No one wants to wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and see blemishes on their face or body. You may have been able to hide that troublesome chin and back acne with sweaters and scarfs in the winter, but now it’s time to come out of your shell. If you suffer from troublesome outbreaks, back and chin acne treatment may be worth the trouble. If looking your summer best is a priority, it’s time that you invested in some products that will help you keep your skin clear and glowing.
When it comes to having healthy beautiful skin nothing is more important than your diet. We’ve all heard the old adage, “you are what you eat.” Well, there is a lot of truth to the saying because your skin is directly affected by your diet. Here are some foods that you should add to and remove from your diet:
- Salmon: This fish is a powerhouse of nutrients and fatty acids that will work wonders for your skin. Salmon is rich in omega 3, 6, and 9 oils that will give your skin that fresh glowing look.
- Oranges and strawberries: Fruits loaded with vitamin C are going to give your immune system the boost it needs to repair and fight bacteria that clogs your pores.
- Almonds and sunflower seeds: Packed with vitamin E and antioxidants, these two foods will work like an army to battle against those unwanted blemishes.
- Whole grains: White bread and white rice are loaded with glycine (known to cause acne). Replacing your unhealthy carbs with whole grains can drastically reduce breakouts.
- Sugar: It’s the hardest thing to cut out of your diet—but the most important. When sugar rushes into your bloodstream it sets off a process known as glaciation. AGEs (Advanced Glycation End-Products) caused by sugars latching onto proteins build up and wreak havoc on your skin when you eat sugar.
- Milk and dairy: Dairy products are loaded with growth hormones that can cause your skin to overproduce new cells and clog your pores. Milk will also raise your insulin levels, leading to a decrease in the molecule that deactivates your hormones.
- Fried foods: It’s time to ditch the fries for a salad. Fried foods are covered in unhealthy oils and grease that aren’t going to do your skin any favors.
Those cold winter months can damage and dry out your skin. Unless you want to look like you’re about to lay waste to Tokyo city, you better start tackling that scaly lizard skin right away. No skin is the same—you’re going to need to find the right lotion for your skin type. If you have dry skin, moisturizing lotion is going to be your best friend. Naturally oily skin? Look for oil-free lightweight moisturizing lotion.
You want to apply lotions that are packed with vitamin E and aloe. Regardless of your skin type, these two ingredients are going to help protect and revitalize your complexion. It’s especially important you apply lotion after you exfoliate.
With these helpful tips, you will be looking your summer best in no time. Break out that new bikini and hit the beach—don’t hide your beautiful skin; flaunt it!