Mirrored furniture is a modern must-have, creating a glamorous, spacious and comfortable ambience. It adds light to any room; opening it up and making it appear much bigger and more welcoming, and that’s why the use of standing floor mirrors could be also great for any room. If you have a small room or an awkward space, you will be amazed when mirrored furniture works its magic. Plus, the gorgeous glisten that is produced when the light hits the surface is to die for.
From mirrored cabinets to beautiful floating vanities, you will need to look after your mirrored furniture properly if you want it to continue to sparkle and amaze. Like all good things in life, it can be a little high maintenance! But, don’t fret, as we are going to tell you exactly how to care for your mirrored pieces below.
On-going things to do!
- Keep paws and little fingers away – Pets and kids don’t mix well with mirrored surfaces. It is a good idea to place your mirrored furniture in spaces that aren’t high traffic zones so to speak! Of course, the lure of a stunning mirror table or TV cabinet can be too much, so if you do have mirrored furniture in a busy area of the home, make sure it is covered during playtime.
- Take care with items you place on the surface – Be careful when arranging vases or any other items that you intend to place on top of the mirrored furniture. Don’t drag them across the surface, as this will result in scratches and scrapes.
- Mop up spills immediately – If you spill water on your mirrored furniture, you may feel that there is no urgency to clean it up. However, if the water sits on the surface it can end up marring the finish, so it is best to wipe it up straight away.
- Avoid using certain products near the mirrored furniture – This includes the like of nail polish remover, perfume and other strong toiletries. Over time, they can cause damage to the surface. Of course, if you have a mirrored dressing table, it can be very hard to stick to this rule. The best course of action, in this case, is to immediately wipe over the surface with a slightly dampened cloth once you have finished beautifying yourself.
- If you need to repair or substitute anything on your mirrored furniture, for example, you may switch a knob or handle, be careful with how tightly you screw things like this in. If you over-tighten anything with screws in it, you may crack the glass. It might then become difficult to even sell the mirrored furniture on the Best selling apps. Once you have tightened to the extent that there is no wobble and it is firm, stop.
- Don’t believe old housewife’s tricks. A lot of people believe that you can use newspapers to clean glass and mirrors. This does not work as well as people seem to think, so we definitely don’t advise giving it a try.
Now you know everything you need to do to keep your mirrored furniture looking fantastic. It can seem like a lot to take in at first. But, once you start your maintenance routine, you will find that it is very straightforward and easy. A little bit of TLC goes a long way!