Really Random Tips -

Really Random Tips

First, let me explain…..My grandma sent these to me, and thought they were too good, not to share!!  Some of the tips you may already know or have thought of, but some of them are original!
Have Fun Learning Some New Things with these Really Random Tips!!

Expanding Frosting
When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it
with your mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size. You
get to frost more cake/cupcakes with  the same amount. You also eat less sugar/calories per serving.

Reheating refrigerated bread
To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place
them in a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will  keep the food moist and help it reheat faster.

Newspaper Weeds-Away
Start putting in your plants, work the nutrients in your soil. Wet
newspapers, put layers around the plants overlapping as you go,
cover with mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic, they will not get through wet newspapers.

Broken Glass
Use a dry cotton ball to pick up little broken pieces of glass – the
fibers catch ones you can’t see!

No More Mosquitoes
Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes
away.

Squirrel Away!
To keep squirrels from eating your plants sprinkle your plants with
cayenne pepper. The cayenne pepper doesn’t hurt the plant and the
squirrels won’t come near it.

Easier thank you’s
When you throw a bridal/baby shower, buy a pack of thank you cards
for the guest of honor. During the party, pass out the envelopes and
have everyone put their address on one. When the bride/new mother sends the thank you’s, they’re all addressed!

After Purchasing New Bike
If you purchase a new bike for your child, place their picture
inside the handle bar before placing the grips on. If the bike is stolen
and later recovered, remove the grip and there is your proof who owns
the  bike.

Flexible vacuum
To get something out of a heat register or under the fridge add an
empty paper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacuum. It
can be bent or flattened to get in narrow openings.

Reducing Static Cling
Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not
have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling
when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and — voila — static is gone.

Measuring Cups
Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill it with
hot water. Dump out the hot water, but don’t dry the cup. Next, add
your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it
comes right out.

Foggy Windshield?
Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the
glove box of your car. When the windows fog, rub with the eraser!
Works better than a cloth!

Reopening envelope
If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include
something inside, just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for
an hour or two. Voila! It unseals easily.
(Of course, you could steam the envelope open, too, with your
kettle)

Hair Conditioner
Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. It’s a lot cheaper
than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It’s also a great way to use up the conditioner you bought but didn’t like when you
tried it in your hair…

Good-bye Fruit Flies
To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass fill it 1/2″>with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dishwashing liquid, mix well.
You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!

Get Rid of Ants
Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it
“home,” & can’t digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or
so, esp. if it rains, but it works & you don’t have the worry about pets  or small children being harmed!

Take baby powder to the beach
Keep a small bottle of baby powder in your beach bag. When you’re
ready to leave the beach sprinkle yourself and kids with the powder
and  the sand will slide right off your skin.

Bed Sheets
After drying my sheets, put both sheets and one pillowcase in the
other pillow case. Fold neatly in a square. Next time you change
sheets, you just take the one pillow case and all the sheets and
pillow case are inside. No need to look for matches.

Reheat Pizza
Heat up leftover pizza in a non-stick skillet on top of the stove,>set heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy.
No soggy micro pizza. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really
works.

Easy Deviled Eggs
Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash till they are all broken up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing thoroughly, cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg. Just throw bag away when done easy clean up.

Author: Amy Allred is the Creator of GoodIdeasandTips.com. She is an extremely eccentric person with a zeal for life. She is passionate about family, living in the moment and assisting others in being the absolute best they can be. Be sure to visit Amy on Google+ and everywhere else.

Facebook Google+

29 Responses to “Really Random Tips”

1. Bryan A. says:

These are some great tips!!!! Love them! Who would have thought about some simple solutions! A must share!

2. Robin says:

Great tips! Can’t wait to try a few. Thank you for sharing!

3. sharon says:

Hi love your idea’s especially the one about the extension for using the vac under the fridge. Haven’t seen that one before. Also the pic under the bike grips thanks

4. violet says:

Great tip thanks. Your grandma must not be too oold if she reheats in microwave. Can we use the same technique in toaster oven?

5. Michelle says:

Thank you and your grandma for sharing these great pieces of wisdom.=D

6. Mike says:

Another way to get rid of flies is to pour about an inch of red wine into a glass and stretch clear wrap over over the top of the glass. press down tight on the edges and poke 4-5 small holes with a nail or tip of a steak knife. The flies are attracted to the red wine- the holes are big enough for them to crawl into from above but are too small for them to spread their wings and fly out from inside. I caught 6 fruit flies yesterday with this trick. after a day or so they drown in the wine and you can dump them out.

7. Amy Allred says:

wow, Thanks Mike for a great tip!!

8. Whitney says:

I always like this kind of thing, and my grandmother sends them to me, haha. Thanks for sharing!

9. Barb says:

love the sheet tip. I’m on it!!!!!

10. gzuckier says:

These are actually pretty good, better than the average collection of tips.

11. kualaloempia says:

wow…..these tips are incredible, can’t wait to try them all and hope to see more of them!

12. Really informative, and I like how to keep More Mosquitoes, and Squirrels Away!

13. AmessWithMS says:

Has anyone tried the “Newspaper Weeds-Away” trick. Oddly I was just pulling up useless black plastic out of one of the flower beds today. I was just wondering wouldn’t the wet newspapers deteriorate?

14. Jennifer G says:

LOVE the deviled egg tip!!! Two things we always have to make a “party” – deviled eggs and canned olives. Now it got much easier!

15. Amy Allred says:

You know what, my grandma used to use newspaper, and it seemed to work. But I have never tried it myself. But I can truly say, that we used the thick felt type barrier and it didn’t work for us. The weeds grew right through it.

16. Amy Allred says:

Oh we are big lovers of the deviled egg too!

17. alice says:

I believe that putting out cayenne pepper to ward off squirrels can be cruel. I have heard that if the squirrel gets in on its paws and then rubs its face or eyes, it can tear out its eyes because of the burning pain the cayenne pepper causes. Why not try tobacco or hen manure and spare the poor creature this painful ordeal.

18. […] Really Random Tips | – StumbleUpon “home,” & can’t digest it so it kills them. […]

19. […] Really Random Tips | “home,” & can’t digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, esp. if it rains, but it works & you don’t have the worry about pets or small children being harmed! Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it Take baby powder to the beach […]

20. […] “home,” & can’t digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, esp. if it rains, but it works & you don’t have the worry about pets or small children being harmed! Really Random Tips | […]

21. […] Really Random Tips | First, let me explain…..My grandma sent these to me, and thought they were too good, not to share!! Some of the tips you may already know or have thought of, but some of them are original! Have Fun Learning Some New Things with these Really Random Tips !! Expanding Frosting When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. […]

22. Love the tips. Everyone here in the office is now naming a few others they know!

23. Great tips! Especially the dryer sheet keeping away mosquitos, I really hope that works!

24. Lynn says:

Me too Cloudy Day.
    If there are mosquitos around, I am going
    to get eat up. I sure hope it works. Just
    pick a dryer sheet you enjoy using…

25. Martha says:

Cool tips…here is one. If your house plant doesnt move and close its leaves when you Tickle It…grow a tickleme plant

26. Beth says:

There are so many of these I had no idea about. My two favorites were the sheets in the pillow cases, and the paper towel roll for the vacuum. Thanks so much for sharing these with us.

27. These are amazing tips! I am definitely trying the frosting and the leg shaving with the conditioner – it makes so much sense but I never thought of it! Pinning this so I always have it! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel
    mommaonfire.blogspot.com

28. Wow…great shares…and I mean everything! I think my favorite was the baby powder. Who knew I could do that. I wish I’d know about it last week when we went to the beach. lol!

29. Your grandma is awesome!! I love these tips.