Ah, summer. The season of BBQ, neighborhood parties, outdoor entertainment, and of course, relaxing on your backyard patio or by the pool. It’s also a time to admire the hard work you put into your lawn and garden. If you want a lawn and garden that will be the envy of the neighborhood, the best time to start is now. Get a lawn aerator rental for your mowing work and to begin the process of improving your lawn. Don’t forget about your trees, and consider getting professional tree services. Regular tree service will help your landscaping trees stay healthy and appealing.
Here are 5 tips to get you started:
- Seeds: The best native grass seed companies are those that understand the complexities and challenges that homeowners in harsher climates face. From the rugged terrain of Arizona to the lush but cold climate of Colorado, the seeds you choose for your lawn and garden must fit your climate and environment. If you’re not sure what seeds are best for your zone, the company representative experts can help you choose the best seeds for a successful lawn season.
- Pest and weed control: From small insects to larger animals like skunks and squirrels, every homeowner has faced the challenge of pests and so the assistance of pest control company. Weeds can also get in the way of a beautiful lawn and garden by considering weed control and fertilization. Luckily, there are a few tricks and homemade solutions that will keep pests and weeds at bay: Fill a spray bottle with one part mild dish soap to 3 parts water, then gently spray on flowers to repel bees, beetles, and other insects; used coffee grounds and eggshells repel slugs and other insects from your vegetable garden, so scatter them accordingly; pet hair/fur can repel larger animals such as skunks and squirrels, so spread some around the perimeter; organic pest and weed solutions are available at most nurseries and garden centers, so make sure to have a supply on hand as needed.
Mowing the lawn properly is imperative when it comes to gardening which is why you could try MyLawnCare Adelaide to help you with it. Alternatively, there are lawn tractors you can buy if you are willing to put in more effort to personally take care of your lawn.
- Proper watering: There is a fine line between watering your lawn too much and watering too little. When you first plant your seeds (lawn, flowers or vegetables,) you will need to water at least twice a day, until sprouting begins. The best time to water is first thing in the morning and early evening. Watering in the mid-afternoon is not recommended because the hot sun can end up burning your lawn. If you’re not sure of the watering schedule or quantity, check with your local nursery, or consult with the company you buy your seeds from. Remember, they are the experts, and they will educate you as to when/how often to water your lawn/garden.
- Soil acidity: Your soil pH determines the sustainability of your plants, flowers, and grass. A simple test will tell you what the pH level of your soil is, and that will determine what types of plants/grass will grow best on your property. There are also ways to lower/raise the levels so you can plant your favorite flowers and vegetables.
- Color & variety: When it comes to your flower garden, color and variety are key to a beautiful display. The good news is that plants and flowers come in a wide variety of colors, so you can pick your favorites and plant with creativity! Use your imagination to come up with unique color combinations that are sure to make you the envy of the neighborhood. So choose some of your favorite flowers and shades and plant away!
When it comes to vegetable gardens, planning is key, so do your research and choose what you’re going to grow with care. Most of all, have fun with whatever garden you choose and don’t be afraid to change things up each year!